Guidelines for using CMC during Covid-19 (Updated 06/03/20)
• All persons entering CMC must wear face masks while on the CMC premises. The exception being vocalists and wind players who will be separated from each other with a floor-to-ceiling barrier. Face masks are required at all other times.
• The lobby area is not to be used for waiting at this time. There are four chairs spaced at least six feet apart for brief seating if necessary.
• Instructors will generally call, text, or email students to let them know when they may enter the space for their lesson after the instructor has sanitized the meeting room.
• Entrance to the building will be through the front staircase. Exit from the building will be through the rear staircase.
• The hallways will be two-way (to allow restroom use), so please take care to allow only one person to use the hallway at a time.
• Signage is posted and must be followed.
• Markers on the floor of all rooms indicate where people should be when lessons occur to maintain social distancing of six feet.
• Masks are required for both teachers and students at all times, except for vocalists and wind players during their lessons.
• Handwashing products and hand sanitizer are available throughout the space.
• Instructors will require students to wash hands before and after lessons. Signage is present throughout reminding all persons to wash their hands before and after lessons.
• Sanitizing spray and paper towels are available in all rooms and restrooms.
• Instructors will sanitize their room before and after each lesson and are encouraged to help with sanitizing the waiting areas’ high touch areas, such as doorknobs, screens, lightswitches, faucets, handles, etc.
• Restrooms will have signs instructing users to self-sanitize high touch areas after each use.
Instructions for no touch sanitizing are clearly displayed on the sanitizing spray bottles. If paper towels are used, discard them in the trash bin. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet.
• No sharing of instruments or supplies. Students will bring their own instrument and learning related supplies for use during their lesson (books, pencil, rosin, metronome, cleaning rag, etc.)
• No eating in the waiting area. No eating in the meeting rooms when more than one person is present.
• No one showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, etc.) or any other sickness or active allergy symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, or sneezing should be in the space. Anyone showing signs of illness will be asked to leave.
Staffing and Operations
• CMC instructors will inform their students of the CMC Covid-19 guidelines and make sure that they are following them.
• Instructors will remind students that for anyone showing signs of illness or symptoms listed above, lessons will take place online. This is also true for the instructors.
• No one showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, etc.) or any other sickness or active allergy symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, or sneezing should be in the space.
• Anyone showing signs of illness will be asked to leave.
• CMC Co-Founders (Clayton Hoener, Lisa Lederer, and Shizue Sano) will regularly monitor the space and, as necessary, remind persons to comply with social distancing and hygiene protocols. Any person who does not follow the protocols will be asked to leave the premises.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
• Each room now contains an air purifier, which will continuously clean the air with carbon HEPA filtering.
• HVAC now has MERV 13 filtration and a UVC light antibacterial air purification system.
(NOTE: the UVC light is ordered, but on backorder at the manufacturer.)
• Complete cleaning and sanitizing of the space will occur daily.
• Frequent sanitizing of high touch areas in the rented space will occur throughout the day by anyone renting the space.
• Checklist signs are posted in each meeting room:
Ask students if they have washed their hands.
Wear face masks.
Wipe down chairs, tables, doorknobs, etc, after each lesson.
(Anything touched by a teacher or student during the lesson).
One person in the hallways at a time. Wait your turn.
Remind students to exit through the back staircase.