Last Updated: September, 16, 2022
Please see the additional terms that apply where you are a California Resident or using our Service from Europe and/or United Kingdom.
1. Personal Information We Collect
When you use the Service we collect personal information about you as either a website user, Guest, Host, and/or Professional, or as an employee/representative of a Guest, Host, and/or Professional, through: (i) information you submit via the Service; (ii) information regarding your use of the Service collected by us as you interact with the Service; and (iii) information we collect from other sources.
(i) Information You Provide to Us
Through the registration process applicable to you, you provide us with your name, email address, and password. You can also log in or register with the Service using sign-in services such as an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain information about you with us such as your name,email address and profile picture to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like LinkedIn and Open ID give you the option to post information about your activities on the Service to your profile page to share with others within your network.
You can provide us with further information as part of setting up your profile and making a booking such as company affiliation, telephone number, physical address, information about your booking (such as type of office, reservation times, and any details you submit), and other office-specific information that is requested during the registration process on the Service. You may also submit reviews or otherwise send communications to other users.
If you wish to create an account that requires payment of a fee, or use services offered via the Service that require payment of a fee, a valid credit card number or other payment information will be required. By submitting your payment information, you authorize LiquidSpace and its third party payment processors to access and use this information in order to provide you with and accept payment for the Service. If you contact us, we also collect any other information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when you send us an email.
(ii) Information We Collect When You Use the Service
When you enter the Service, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all LiquidSpace visitors.
With your consent, if required by applicable law, depending on your Mobile Software settings and device permissions, your location (including GPS and WiFi data) is tracked on the device on which you access the Service. Depending on your settings on your mobile device, this tracking occurs even when the Mobile Software is not in use. We use location data to provide you with relevant search results for spaces in your area. As a Guest, you can control when Hosts or other Guests can see your location through your privacy settings. To opt out of location tracking, please change your settings on your device.
When you download and use our Mobile Software or access our website on your mobile device, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and operating system version.
(iii) Information We Collect from Others
If you are a Host, other Users can contribute information about your Space, including by submitting comments and reviews.
2. COOKIES / Do Not Track
We collect and store certain information through the use of “cookies”, data analytics tools like Google Analytics and Uptime, and other third party technologies to understand how you use the Service and interact with LiquidSpace advertisements to learn what content is popular, improve your Service experience, to serve you better ads on other sites, and to save your preferences.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. We also use persistent cookies to remember sign-in status, coupon availability, search preferences, and Space origination information so that you do not have to enter it again the next time you visit. Session cookies disappear after you close your browser.
Some web browsers may transmit Do Not Track signals to websites with which the browser communicates, telling the site not to follow its online movements. Because of differences in how web browsers interpret this feature, it is not always clear whether website users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. Therefore, we currently do not respond to such Do Not Track signals.
Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18 and LiquidSpace does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for LiquidSpace or send any information about you to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a minor under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Use of your personal Information
We use the information about you to perform our contract with you, such as:
- to provide you with the Service, other content and web site functionality;
- verify your identity for employer single sign-on functionalities, register and maintain your account, settings and preferences;
- manage your payments and reservations;
- communicate with you about the Service and provide customer support (including to respond, investigate and assist you in your questions or issues regarding the Service);
In order to be responsive to you, to provide an effective Service to you, and to maintain our business relationship, as a matter of our legitimate interests, we will use your personal information to:
- personalize our Service to ensure content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- maintain the safety and security of our users, Service and business and conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues;
- enforce our terms and policies to the extent necessary to promote the safety and security of the Services and in protecting our rights and the rights of others;
- to communicate with you regarding your experience with the Service and/or to collect feedback regarding your experience to improve our Service;
- monitor our operations and improve and develop the Service; and
- respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
We may occasionally use your contact information to send you notifications regarding new services offered by LiquidSpace and its partners that we think you may find valuable. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your consent to do so. LiquidSpace may also send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the Service (these announcements are not marketing orientated and we do not rely on consent). Generally, you may opt out of such emails by following the unsubscribe option included in each email or accessing your settings through your profile, although LiquidSpace reserves the right to send you transactional and relational emails about your account and use of the Service. LiquidSpace provides push notifications for upcoming reservations and obtains your consent where required to do so under applicable law. To turn off push notifications, please edit your personal settings on your device.
In addition, we will use some or all of the above information to comply with any applicable legal obligations, to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and/ or terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, the rights of our users, or others.
5. Sharing PERSONAL Information with Third Parties
You may choose to provide your personal information or, if you are a Host, your Space to other Users and to the public by providing such information on public areas of the Service, such as Space descriptions.
Please also note that when you use the Service, certain information you post or share with third parties (including other Users), such as comments, reviews or other information, is shared with other Users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose confidential information in your Profile or when posting comments, reviews or other submissions, this information becomes publicly available. Your posting of your personal information to public areas of the Service constitutes your consent to share such information publicly. Please be aware that such information will be accessible by both Users and the general public. To request removal of personal information from public areas of the Service, please contact us as per the details below. If we are not able to remove your personal information, we will let you know that we are unable to do so and why. Please note that, even after removal, copies of User Content occasionally remains viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
- Sharing between Hosts and Guests in our legitimate interests, or to perform a contract with you. We share personal information of a Guest with the applicable Host(s) and personal information of a Host with the applicable Guest(s) upon receiving a reservation request and confirmation.
- Sharing with other Users. Your profile information, as well as your contact information, may be displayed to other Users depending on any privacy settings in place on your profile. The amount of such information presented to other Users will depend on your relationship with those Users (e.g., whether they are following you, or you are following them, as permitted by the Service, or whether you were referred to the Service by them). You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account settings.
- Sharing with Professionals. If you register for the Service as a Host via a referral from a Professional, LiquidSpace will inform the Professional when you register for the Service and begin browsing listings on the Service, and will provide the Professional with information regarding reservations that you book.
- With your Employer. If you have registered as a Professional with LiquidSpace and we have a separate agreement with a company we believe to be your employer or company for whom we believe you work as a contractor (as determined in each case by your email domain), we provide your User ID, email address and reservation activity to that company so that you are included within an arrangement that we have with such company. We will notify you if we provide this information to a company and you may elect not to participate in any such arrangement by contacting us at email@example.com and stating that you do not wish to participate in such arrangement.
- With our service providers and vendors for business purposes in our legitimate interests, or to perform a contract with you. We also provide your personal information to service providers who help us bring you the services we offer, such as hosting the service at a co-location facility, sending email updates about LiquidSpace, removing repetitive information from our User lists, processing payments, or to provide search results or links. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any of your personal information, we implement reasonable contractual protections limiting the use of such information to the provision of services to LiquidSpace.
- For legal reasons and to protect our services and business, in our legitimate interests or as required by law. We may be required to disclose your personal information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws including to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory inquiries. Additionally, we share your personal information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, a legal obligation, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Service or using the LiquidSpace name, or to prevent imminent harm. This includes sharing your personal information with other companies, professional advisers, lawyers, agents, government agencies or to any third party.
- With our affiliates, in order to perform a contract with you or in our legitimate interests. Where we offer to provide services jointly with other companies on the Service, we share your personal information with that company in connection with such offer or your use of that service.
- In connection with an asset sale or purchase, a share sale, purchase or merger, bankruptcy, or other business transaction or re-organisation, in our legitimate interests. We will share information about you while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control, such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets. If the ownership of all or substantially all of the LiquidSpace business, or individual business units or assets owned by LiquidSpace that are related to the Service, were to change, your personal information will be transferred to the new owner. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of information about you, as well as any choices you have regarding information about you.
7. Social Media Widgets
8. Changing or Removing personal Information
Users can modify or delete their profile information by logging into their account. Removed information persists in backup copies but will not be generally available to other Users. Please note that where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other Users (e.g., sending a message to another User), such messages may still be visible to the User you sent the message to even after you delete your account.
You can also contact us to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information within our control, to have us correct any erroneous information, to discontinue receipt of certain types of communications or to ask us to delete any of your personal information we have stored that is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. Unless applicable law requires otherwise, we will respond to your request to access your personal information within 45 days.
Please see separately the specific rights provided to Users that are California residents and located in Europe and the United Kingdom below.
LiquidSpace takes reasonable precautions to protect Users’ personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security please contact us.
10. California Residents
We collect certain “personal information” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). In the past 12 months, we have collected such personal information described in Section 1 above from the categories of sources listed in Section 1.
We do not “sell” such personal information about you to third parties and have not done so in the past 12 months. However, we share certain such personal information with the third parties, and for the purposes, described in Section 5 above.
The CCPA provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below. You may be able to exercise these rights. Please contact us using the “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights” section below to learn more.
Right to Know. You may have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past twelve months, including:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
Right to Delete. You may have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same).
Other Rights. You may be able to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You may also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To submit a request, please contact us using one of the following methods:
- Call us at 855-254-7843
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, email address and phone number associated with your use of the LiquidSpace Service, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
Only you, or someone that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete personal information about you. An authorized agent may make a request by providing written permission signed by you. We may need to confirm your identity before processing your request by asking you to log into your existing account (if you are a registered user) or by asking you for additional information, such as a government issued ID or date of birth.
11. UK and EU USERS
Where you are a User accessing the Services from the Europe (“EU”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), the following additional terms will apply:
Data Controller. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation and/or the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (together, the “UK GDPR”), LiquidSpace Inc. is the data controller. We act as a data controller in relation to: (i) information regarding your use of the Service collected by us as you interact with the Service; and (ii) information relating to Hosts that use our Service.
Data Processor. We act as a data processor on behalf of our business customers in the provision of our services (LiquidSpace Enterprise). In such instance, the relevant business customer is the data controller of your personal information and you should refer to their privacy policies for information on how your personal information is processed.
Data Subject Rights. If the GDPR / UK GDPR, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information:
- Access: You have the right to access personal information we hold about you, how we use it, and who we share it with.
- Portability: You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, with certain exceptions.
- Correction: You have the right to correct any of your personal information we hold that is inaccurate.
- Erasure: In certain circumstance, you have the right to delete the personal information we hold about you.
- Restriction of processing to storage only: You have the right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- Objection to marketing: You can object to marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails or accessing your profile settings.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances and in many cases, are limited by law. For example, where fulfilling your request will adversely affect other individuals or our trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal information.
We will respond to your requests to exercise these rights as required by applicable law. To exercise any of your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us at the contact details provided below should you wish to examine a copy of the SCCs we have in place.
Retention. We will retain your information as follows:
- if you contact us, we will keep your information for 5 years after you contact us;
- your technical usage information for 5 years;
- data on your use of our services for 5 years.
We will also retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. If you stop using our Services or if you delete your account with us, we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
Complaints. If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request as soon as possible. If you think we have infringed data protection laws, you can file a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the country in which you live or work.
12. Contacting LiquidSpace
1900 S. Norfolk St., Suite 350
San Mateo, CA 94403
Phone : 855-254-7843
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
UK contact details:
EU contact details: