Pillar’s Health and Safety Policies & Procedures
In light of the COVID pandemic we are invested now more than ever in the health and safety of our staff, members and guests at Pillar Cowork and Pillar Kids space. Understanding the fluidity of the situation, we are closely following the guidelines and requirements set forth by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), as well as the county and local governments.
We have made the following infrastructure changes at Pillar to allow for proper spacing of all workstations, common areas and facilities. These changes include:
1. Reducing the seating capacity of all shared spaces, meeting rooms and cafe areas to allow for proper social distancing.
2. Adding new private offices and private workspace options to provide increased isolation.
3. Posting signage throughout the space to remind members and guests of our health and
safety procedures and effective hygiene, handwashing and social distancing practices.
Health and Safety Guidelines
The following guidelines are in place at Pillar and are a combination of actionable items by Pillar staff and our guests. We ask that anyone who chooses to use our space implement and abide by the following to help keep us all safe.
Social Distancing and Spacing
● Maintain social distancing at all times, at least six feet apart
● Adhering to a one-way traffic flow to assist with spacing while avoiding cross-contact.
● We will provide movable health shields, upon request, to members in the open seating
Safety and Hygiene in Shared Areas
● Use the provided hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, towels, tissue readily available, as well as disposable masks and gloves available upon request.
● We will keep a detailed employee and visitor log of check-in /check-out activity.
Cleaning and Sanitation
● Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection of the workspaces.
● Cleaning / disinfection of shared meeting rooms and workspaces after each use.
● Frequent cleaning / disinfection of all shared surfaces and high-touch items throughout the
● Use of self-cleaning NanoSeptic wraps on door handles and commonly used services.
● Asking our staff, members and guests to sanitize common surfaces and shared equipment
prior and after use.
Personal Hygiene for Staff, Members, and Guests
● Wear face masks in common areas.
● Wash your hands frequently and properly with warm water and soap for at least 20 second.
A guide can be found here: https://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/
● Use tissue, or your arm or sleeve to catch your cough or sneeze.
● Please dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands or use sanitizer any time you have
● Refrain from touching your eyes, nose or mouth. If you do, please wash your hands
● Sanitize your personal work surfaces before and after each workday.
● Sanitize your personal equipment such as laptops, keyboards, mouse / mouse pad, screens,
Food and Beverage
● For the time being we are suspending our coffee service, vending options, and use of shared dishware. Single use items may still be served as available in the kitchen and we apologize for any inconvenience this limited service may have.
● We will sanitize the kitchen area regularly throughout the day, including the refrigerator, kitchen sink, and microwave.
● Handwashing and sanitizing prior / after handling food or drink is a “must do” for all.
If You Are Sick
For the safety of our coworkers and community, we are asking members who are displaying even mild flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough and cold to PLEASE STAY HOME.
Please notify our staff if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and have used our space in the past 30 days. We will communicate immediately to implement closures and further cleaning protocols if we are notified that any person that has used our space recently is diagnosed with COVID-19.
If You Travel
Refer to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) considerations for Domestic travel and protocol for International travel. We ask all Pillar staff, members, and guests to abide by these regulations.