Spectrum Software (“the Company”) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace, safe working methods, and the provision of safe equipment. Workplace health and safety is considered to be an integral and vital part of the successful performance of any job.
This policy sets out the responsibilities of the Company and its employees with the aim that together, we can keep the workplace safe and productive.
In so far as this policy imposes any obligations on the Company (i.e., those additional to those set out under legislation), those obligations are not contractual and do not give rise to any contractual rights. To the extent that this policy describes beneﬁts and entitlements for employees, they are discretionary and not intended to be contractual. The terms and conditions of employment that are intended to be contractual are set in an employee’s written employment contract.
The Company may unilaterally introduce, vary, remove, or replace this policy at any time. The Company, as a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU), is committed to:
• Integrating workplace health and safety into all aspects of its operations;
• Identifying hazards, assessing risk, and implementing control strategies to minimize the risk of injury to people and property;
• Ensuring that relevant health and safety laws that apply to working conditions and the work environment are observed and enforced;
• Developing and implementing safe systems of work;
• Providing adequate safety information, training, and supervision;
• Designing, purchasing, installing, and maintaining a safe site;
• Ensuring that the workplace under their control is safe and without undue risks to health;
• Ensuring that the behavior of all persons in the workplace is safe and without undue risks to health;
• Attempting to remedy all problems relating to workplace health and safety;
• Consulting with workers and other parties to address safety issues and improve decision-making on workplace health and safety matters; and
• Supporting and assisting workers in eﬀective injury management and rehabilitation.
All employees and guests are required to:
• Adhere to safe work practices, instructions, and rules;
• Immediately report any unsafe work conditions or equipment to the Company;
• Not misuse, damage, refuse to use, or interfere with anything provided in the interest of workplace health and safety;
• Perform all work duties in a manner that ensures individual health and safety and that of all other people in the workplace;
• Encourage fellow employees to create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment; and
• Co-operate with all other employees to enable the health and safety responsibilities of all employees to be achieved.