Health and Safety Policy
To our valued members and guests:
Your health and safety is our top priority. Therefore as we follow the environment around Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are implementing new policies to help us prevent the spread of the virus and limit the impact on our community. Thank you for reading this and supporting our efforts!
Following recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) we are implementing the following enhanced health and safety policies.
We are implementing enhanced cleaning procedures in our locations to protect our employees, members, and guests. These include:
- Cleaning shared surfaces regularly with disinfectant.
- Providing hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes.
- Asking our members and guests to help sanitize common surfaces that you have used.
Please follow these important guidelines about hygiene:
- Wash your hands frequently and properly (for at least 20 seconds). A guide can be found here: www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection
- Always wash your hands when you enter a new venue like work or home and also before and after visiting a client's site
- Use a hand sanitizer gel if the option of washing hands is not available.
- Use a tissue/ your arm/sleeve when coughing or sneezing, not your hands.
- Please dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands or use sanitizer afterward.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you do, please wash your hands afterward.
- Kindly be aware of situations where you might have to use items that may have passed through many hands (ie cash handling)
We will be limiting shared kitchen services and the use of reusable utensils. Single-use items may still be available in the kitchen but we apologize for any inconvenience this limited service may have.
If You Are Sick
For the safety of our coworkers and community, we are asking members who are displaying even mild flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and cold to stay home. Please! Not only is this common courtesy, but it will also help you recover more quickly and keep your immune system strong.
Please notify our staff if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and have used our space in the past 30 days.
If You Have Traveled
For our employees, members, and guests. If you have recently traveled to high-risk areas (China, Italy, and other areas as updated by the CDC), they are being asked to self-quarantine for 14 days, even if they show no symptoms, to monitor for any symptoms of illness. This may be extended to those who have traveled to other areas where COVID-19 is spreading.
If you have recently traveled internationally or may have been exposed to people traveling from affected areas, please monitor yourself.
If you are showing any symptoms of illness we ask you to check with your healthcare provider. Please do not plan to return to work until you’ve been cleared and are no longer sick.
We are strongly encouraging members and guests to avoid congregating in our common spaces and will try to accommodate any members or guests who ask to work or meet in isolation.
Finally, we have policies in place and will communicate further to implement closures and further cleaning protocols if we are notified that any person that has used our space recently is diagnosed with COVID-19.
Thank you for putting the health and safety of our employees, members, guests, and local community first! We are closely following the recommendations by the WHO and CDC and will provide updates as needed. In the meantime, thank you for helping continue to keep our welcoming community healthy and safe!